Please note: We are one of the largest stockists of Hestra Gloves and offer a special order service for the Hestra Glove range. Please contact us for an order form and your FREE Hestra Glove Guide.
Hestra is located in the western uplands in the Swedish province of Smaland, surrounded by large forests. Since 1936 they have been producing some of the highest quality gloves on the market.
The Hestra Army Leather Heli Ski glove is a modern classic and Hestra's best-seller. A longer glove for powder snow lovers who need extra durable warm gloves. warmth can be further enhanced with an additional glove liner, and the outer can be worn as a shell on and off the mountain.
Outer Material: Upper section made of wind and waterproof, breathable Hestra Triton/Polymide fabric. Proofed Army Leather goat palm
Lining: Removable Bemberg polyester lining with Quallofill/Fiberfill insulation. Spare liners are available
Eagle Grip: Ergonomically designed pre-formed shape that helps you to hold your ski poles with less palm pressure
Snow Lock Cuff: A pull cord that allows you to close the cuff right down, even over a jacket sleeve for maximum protection
Velcro Closure: A width adjustment at the base of the wrist joint for enhanced fit and secondary protection from the elements
Snap hook (Carabiner style): To help with securing the gloves when on the lift, and helpful for drying gloves too
Handcuffs: Elasticated removeable hand cuffs so that glove loss does not occur when removing in harsh conditions or on the lift
Hestra gloves are a firm favourite for us. The Army Leather is dependable, has a great extended cuff length and even handcuffs for those texting moments on the lift. The liner is very warm too, and can be removed for washing. You won't go wrong with this set of gloves, premium stuff!
Is This For Me?
For the all day mountain person, who likes to use what those in the know are using, the Army Leather Heli glove is a great glove.
Edge & Wax offer a range of shipping options for UK and international customers. Our post & packaging charges are based on order value for UK orders, and on weight for International orders. Here are our estimated lead times and shipping prices
Live Stock Estimated Lead Times – Updated February 13th
UK ORDERS – For In Stock items (Not Including Skis)
STANDARD (+£3.50 / FREE OVER £50) SHIPPING – 4-6 Working Days
PRIORITY SHIPPING (+£5) – 1 Working Day (Order by 12:30pm)
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS – For In Stock items (Not Including Skis)
STANDARD SHIPPING – 10-14 Working Days (Boots 5-10 Days)
TRACKED/PRIORITY INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING (+£5) – 5-7 Working Days
PLEASE NOTE: Items in stock at an external warehouse will indicate a lead time next to the "add to basket" button.
Example: “In Stock At Hestra, Ships in 10-14 Days” means this will be requested from Hestra, Sweden, and we will then ship it in 10-14 days
SKIS ORDERS – For In Stock Skis (Once setup data is received by email)
UK STANDARD SHIPPING – 7 Working Days
UK PRIORITY SHIPPING (+£5) – 4 Working Days
INTERNATIONAL STANDARD SHIPPING – 7-14 Working Days
TRACKED/PRIORITY INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING (+£5) – 6-8 Working Days
SKIS – IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT DELIVERY TIMES
We do not offer a next day service on skis, because we manually wax the skis fully by hand and set the bindings up prior to shipping. An email is automatically sent to the email address you enter when ordering, we cannot set skis up until we receive your reply to this email. You CAN add priority shipping to a ski order, this will move you into a priority position in the workshop for waxing and setup (Once we have your data) but is not a next day service.
PLEASE NOTE: Free Shipping on orders over £50 is available for the Mainland UK only, and therefore does not include the Isle of Man, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands.
This is due to increased charges applied for courier shipments to these locations. VAT is deducted automatically for those ordering and delivering to the Channel Islands.
UK SHIPPING PRICES
Up to £50.00
£50.01 And Over
(Next working day service APART from skis*)
UK Mainland – England, Scotland & Wales
Additional £5.00 **
Other UK Areas (Jersey/Guernsey See Below)
|Up to 500G || |
Up to 2KG
Isle Of Man/Isle Of Wight
|FREE ||£6.00 ||£25.00 |
|£3.50 ||£6.00 ||£25.00 |
Please note we have an international shipping page with additional information. If you are not in the EU, then tax will be deducted at the checkout, but you will be liable for local taxes and administration charges. They are not calculated by ourselves, and will be requested locally.
We cannot ship items with the prices adjusted to reduce your tax liability so please do not request this or be offended when we do not!
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING OPTIONS
(normally 7-10 days depending on location)
Shipping up to 2KG is NOT insured. To add insured shipping
please select the “priority shipping” option
|Up to 500G ||Up to 2KG ||Over 2KG |
|Albania (AL) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Algeria (DZ) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Andorra (AD) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Argentina (AR) ||£8.00 ||£28.00 ||£55.00 |
|Armenia (AM) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Australia (AU) ||£8.00 ||£35.00 ||£65.00 |
|Austria (AT) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Belgium (BE) ||£6.00 ||£15.00 ||£35.00 |
|B.F.P.O ||£2.50 ||£3.50 ||CALL |
|Bolivia (BO) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Bosnia-Herzegovina (BA) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Brazil (BR) ||£8.00 ||£28.00 ||£55.00 |
|Bulgaria (BG) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£40.00 |
|Canada (CA) ||£8.00 ||£28.00 ||£55.00 |
|Chile (CL) ||£8.00 ||£28.00 ||£55.00 |
|China R.O.C (CN) ||£8.00 ||£28.00 ||£55.00 |
|Croatia (HR) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Cyprus (CY) ||£6.00 ||£15.00 ||£55.00 |
|Czech Republic (CZ) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Denmark (DK) ||£6.00 ||£15.00 ||£35.00 |
|Egypt (EG) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£40.00 |
|Estonia (EE) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Falkland Islands (FK) ||£8.00 ||£28.00 ||£55.00 |
|Finland (FI) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|France (FR) ||£6.00 ||£15.00 ||£35.00 |
|Georgia (Republic Of) (GE) ||£6.00 ||£15.00 ||£35.00 |
|Germany (DE) ||£6.00 ||£15.00 ||£35.00 |
|Gibraltar (GI) ||£6.00 ||£15.00 ||£55.00 |
|Greece (GR) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£40.00 |
|Greenland (GL) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Guernsey (GU) ||£5.00 ||£12.00 ||£25.00 |
|Hong Kong (HK) ||£8.00 ||£35.00 ||£65.00 |
|Hungary (HU) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£40.00 |
|Iceland (IS) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Ireland (IE) ||£5.00 ||£12.00 ||£25.00 |
|Italy (IT) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£40.00 |
|Japan (JP) ||£8.00 ||£35.00 ||£65.00 |
|Jersey (JE) ||£5.00 ||£12.00 ||£25.00 |
|Latvia (LV) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Liechtenstein (LI) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Lithuania (LT) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£40.00 |
|Luxembourg (LU) ||£6.00 ||£15.00 ||£35.00 |
|Macedonia (Republic Of) (MK) ||£6.00 ||£15.00 ||£35.00 |
|Malta (MT) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£40.00 |
|Monaco (France) (MC) ||£6.00 ||£15.00 ||£35.00 |
|Netherlands (NL) ||£6.00 ||£15.00 ||£35.00 |
|New Zealand (NZ) ||£8.00 ||£35.00 ||£65.00 |
|Niue (New Zealand) (NU) ||£8.00 ||£35.00 ||£65.00 |
|Norway (NO) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Paraguay (PY) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£40.00 |
|Poland (PL) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£40.00 |
|Portugal (PT) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Romania (RO) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Russia (RU) – We DO NOT Ship To Russia ||N/A ||N/A ||N/A |
|Saudi Arabia (SA) ||£6.00 ||£15.00 ||£55.00 |
|Serbia-Montenegro (YU) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Slovakia (SK) ||£6.00 ||£15.00 ||£55.00 |
|Slovenia (SI) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|South Africa (ZA) ||£8.00 ||£28.00 ||£55.00 |
|Spain (ES) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£40.00 |
|Sweden (SE) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Switzerland (CH) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Taiwan (TW) ||£8.00 ||£35.00 ||£65.00 |
|Turkey (TR) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|Ukraine (UA) ||£6.00 ||£15.00 ||£55.00 |
|United Arab Emirates U.A.E (AE) ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
|United States of America (US) ||£8.00 ||£28.00 ||£55.00 |
|Uruguay ||£6.00 ||£20.00 ||£45.00 |
We cannot guarantee that we will accept any orders from countries outside of the UK and those countries mentioned above.
* Skis are sent to our workshop prior to shipping for correct set-up, waxing and packing, therefore we cannot offer a next day service on skis. Priority shipping does however move your order to the front of the workshop queue for priority set-up.
** Not Available to Scottish Highlands & Islands
Please Note: Priority shipping orders need to be received by 12:30pm Monday-Thursday for a next working day delivery on in stock items. Orders placed on Saturday or Sunday using priority shipping will be shipped on the following Monday. Our couriers and Royal Mail do NOT collect from us on Saturday or Sunday. For a Saturday delivery please contact us.
Snowpulse bags, due to the nature of the gas canister in this system, we cannot ship internationally at our standard pricing, as a dangerous goods agent is required to prepare the shipment. In these cases we will contact you with a revised cost before proceeding with the order.
There is no substitute for a good quality glove on the mountain. Cold hands on the slopes and the lifts can be incredibly painful and in extreme cold dangerous, so make sure you invest in a well fitting pair of gloves.
We sell a few brands of gloves to suit different budgets. Hestra have a very strong reputation amongst season workers and regular skiers due to their durability and great fit. Leather Hestra models include a small sachet of leather treatment, and whatever brand of gloves you decide on, it is important to ‘feed’ any leather areas regularly so that they maintain their water resistant properties and soft feel.
To size yourself up for gloves, you should measure around the hand excluding your thumb. This measurement in inches is your glove size. Hestra also offer additional information on finger length which can further enhance the fit. This information is available when you select a glove on our website.
You can also choose between gloves, mittens and the exciting new 3-finger format. This is a personal preference, although mittens allow you to insert glove warmers more easily.
When buying gloves it is important to also consider buying a pair of glove liners. These are relatively inexpensive, and like layering you clothing, help keep hands dry by wicking away sweat, and then trap dry air to keep your hands warm. Being thin they are easily stowed away in your jacket pocket when it warms up. When sizing, do not adjust glove or lining size, just order your normal size. We offer several types of glove liner.
How Do I care for my Hestra Gloves?
Hestra gloves are made to last. With some love and care they will last even longer. Good for you, good for the environment.
1) Treat the leather regularly and it will resist moisture, enhance durability and keep the natural leather supple. Moisten the leather a little first with a little water on a sponge if you haven’t just come off the mountain. We then recommend putting a pea sized amount of care balm in each palm, with the gloves on. then rub the gloves together being certain to work the balm between the fingers too. Do this in the evening and the grease is absorbed during the night. For perfect results use Hestra Leather Care Balm. Many models come with a sample of this amazing care product. A pot of balm will keep your gloves supple and water resistant for many, many years.
2) If you have gloves with breathable materials like Gore-Tex, you should avoid silicone based products. It clogs the pores and reduces the material’s breathability. Make sure if using care balm just to treat the natural leather areas. If the balm gets onto non-leather areas wipe it away as soon as possible so it does not work into any fabric.
3) With the carabiner clasp that comes with some models, you can easily attach the gloves to a backpack. In that way, you don’t risk losing them, and they can dry without losing shape. Do leave them in a naturally ambient temperature to dry, NOT on a radiator (See below for drying tips)
4) Dyed leather may stain clothing when wet, so don’t place a wet glove on other garments. Choose a model with a natural leather colour if you do not want to risk bleeding of colours. Remember leather is a natural material, it will discolour. If your white Hestra’s ever turn slightly green, this is because you left them wet and warm to sweat, resulting in a green tint. To avoid this wipe of excess moisture and treat the gloves as above!
5) Gloves rarely get damaged while skiing. Instead, the edges of skis and boot buckles are normally the cause of damage to your gloves. Be careful when handling your skis or boots! The only time we have seen Hestra stitching damaged, has been due to a sharp ski edge, and there are some things a warranty cannot be expected to cover!
Washing & Drying Gloves - 5 truths about washing and drying from Hestra
1) Dry your gloves at room temperature, avoid open flames, heaters, tumble- driers and ovens.
2) Gloves dry best in an upright position. Some models come with a carabiner clasp that, apart from keeping the gloves together, also is useful when drying.
3) Do not turn lined gloves inside out. The liner, insulation and membrane can be difficult to put back into place. We have been there!
4) Gloves with a removable lining dry faster when the liners are removed, and the removable liners are also easy to wash. Dirt clogs pores and fibres reducing breathability. However, wool liners must be hand washed and dried on a flat surface.
5) We do not recommend washing leather gloves frequently. If you do wash them, put on the gloves and wash with soap and lukewarm water. Squeeze out the water gently without twisting. Models without several layers or leather can be machine-washed at 40°C or less.